Sephora gift cards are available for purchase at Best Buy, The Home Depot, Kroger, Lowe’s, and Rite Aid. You can also buy Sephora gift cards at freestanding Sephora stores and JCPenney Sephora stores, though it’s important to note that gift cards purchased at JCPenney Sephora stores can only be used at other JCPenney Sephora locations. For more information on where to buy Sephora gift cards, see below.
Where to Buy Sephora Gift Cards
Sephora has freestanding retail locations as well as stores that are part of JCPenney department stores. Sephora sells its own gift cards in both the freestanding Sephora stores and JCPenney Sephora locations, but there are some important differences to take note of before buying your gift card. We spoke with multiple Sephora and JCPenney Sephora representatives in store locations in New York and Arizona, as well as corporate customer service representatives for both Sephora and JCPenney. Representatives from both stores provided the following information:
- Freestanding Sephora stores offer gift cards with dollar amounts ranging from $10 to $500. Gift cards purchased at a freestanding Sephora store can be used at any Sephora location, including JCPenney Sephora stores and Sephora.com.
- JCPenney Sephora stores also sell Sephora gift cards with amounts ranging from $10 to $500. Gift cards purchased at JCPenney Sephora stores can only be used at JCPenney Sephora locations; they cannot be used at freestanding Sephora stores, on Sephora.com, or on JCPenney.com.
- Each gift card purchased at a freestanding Sephora store includes a gift such as a compact mirror, cosmetic pouch, or wallet pouch at no additional charge. JCPenney Sephora gift cards do not come include a gift with purchase.
Sephora and JCPenney Sephora stores are not the only places to buy Sephora gift cards. We reached out to several different retailers in Arizona, Florida, Georgia, and New York to find out where to buy a Sephora gift card. While the following stores confirmed that they do sell Sephora gift cards, availability may vary by store location. It’s always a good idea to call ahead to your local store to verify its stock. Sephora gift card locations include:
- Best Buy: All locations we spoke with had Sephora gift cards available in $50 increments with no additional fees.
- The Home Depot: Half of The Home Depot locations we spoke with had Sephora gift cards while the other half did not. Those that do sell gift cards have them available in $25 increments with no additional fees.
- Kroger: All of the Kroger stores we called sell Sephora gift cards. Some Kroger stores had only specific amounts available (like $25) while others offered any amount from $15 to $500 with no additional fees. See our list for other gift cards available at Kroger.
- Lowe’s: All of the Lowe’s home improvement stores we called sell Sephora gift cards with no additional fees, but the amounts vary by store location. Some stores had them available from $15 to $200, while others had them available from $20 to $500.
- Rite Aid: All of the Rite Aid stores we called sell Sephora gift cards. One of the stores was out of stock when we called but confirmed that it usually does carry them. Other stores advised that they do have Sephora gift cards in stock in $25 increments with no additional fees. See our article for more gift cards available at Rite Aid.
The following stores informed us that they do not sell Sephora gift cards. Again, it’s possible that gift cards sold in stores may vary by location, so you may want to give your local store a call to find out about its gift card availability.
- BJ’s Wholesale Club
- Costco Wholesale
- CVS (See our article for the list of gift cards available at CVS.)
- Sam’s Club
- Walgreens (We have the list of gift cards for sale at Walgreens.)
- Walmart (See our article for more gift cards available at Walmart.)
Sephora gift cards purchased at freestanding Sephora stores may be used at any Sephora location, including JCPenney Sephora stores and online at Sephora.com. Gift cards purchased at freestanding Sephora stores also come with a small item, such as a compact mirror, at no additional cost. Gift cards purchased at JCPenney Sephora stores can only be used at JCPenney Sephora stores and do not come with a free item. Other retailers that sell Sephora gift cards include Best Buy, The Home Depot, Kroger, Lowe’s, and Rite Aid.
Have other gift cards to purchase? For the makeup lover, see our article on where to buy Ulta gift cards. You can also check out our comprehensive list of stores that sell gift cards.