QuikTrip, also known as QT, is a convenience store and gas retailer founded in 1958 in Tulsa, Oklahoma. Since then, the company has grown to over 700 locations in eleven states. In addition to providing gas and convenience items, the stores also sell money orders. The number of store locations can make QuikTrip a convenient place to not only fill up the gas tank and grab a cup of coffee but to also get a money order quickly when needed.
While there is limited information on the QuikTrip website about money orders, for this article we have called numerous stores and sourced online discussions with employees or customers to give you an overview of the QuikTrip money order services. We’ll cover the costs of purchasing a money order, what time you can purchase a money order, and the other money-related services at QuikTrip.
In This Article
- What Type of Money Order Does QuikTrip sell?
- Costs, limits, and accepted payment methods for QT money orders
- Hours for Money Order Service at QuikTrip
- Lost or Expired Money Orders
- Does QuikTrip Cash Money Orders?
- Where’s the Nearest QuikTrip?
- Other Money-Related Services Offered by QuikTrip
What Type of Money Order Does QuikTrip Sell?
Does QuikTrip do money orders? Yes. QuikTrip is an authorized provider of Western Union money orders. Western Union money orders can only be used in the United States.
Costs, Limits, and Payment Methods for QT Money Orders
We called numerous stores to determine how much you can expect to pay at your local QT. According to the QT associates we contacted, the cost for a money order is $1.50 for the first $300.00. For each additional $300, the cost is another $1.50 (so a $500 money order would cost $3 in fees). QuikTrip has a limit on the amount of money order purchases of $950.00 per day.
You can only pay for a money order with cash. We’ve confirmed with QT customer support that cash is the only accepted payment method for money order purchases. For ways to get cash from a credit card, we recommend reading How to Get Cash from a Credit Card: 6 Ways to Do It.
Hours for Money Order Service at QuikTrip
While nearly all QuikTrip stores are open 24/7, that does not mean to you can purchase a money order at 1:00 a.m. QT stores have a specific time window when you can purchase money orders. That window is from 7:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. daily. You can purchase money orders on Saturday and Sunday, but it must be during those same hours.
Suggested Article: Places That Do Money Orders 24/7
Lost or Expired Money Orders
Because QuikTrip sells Western Union money orders, you do have options for recouping your money if the money order is lost or stolen. Western Union has a money order customer request form that can be printed out and sent in with the receipt and a $15 nonrefundable processing fee. This process will be much faster if you have the original receipt from the money order purchase, so we strongly advise you to keep the receipt handy until you’re certain that the money order has been cashed.
Western Union money orders purchased at QT, or anywhere else, aren’t good forever. Western Union money orders are good for one year from the date of purchase. For more information on this subject, we recommend seeing our articles, How Long Money Orders Are Good For and How to Get a Refund on a Money Order.
Does QuikTrip Cash Money Orders?
QuikTrip does not cash any type of money orders. Our article Where Can I Cash a Money Order? lists banks, credit unions, and stores where you can get a money order cashed. Keep in mind that you’ll typically need valid photo identification in order to cash a money order, so be sure to have that with you.
Other Money Related Services Offered by QuikTrip
Besides money orders, QuikTrip also offers other services and rewards cards for regular customers. QuikTrip has a number of QT cards such as credit cards, gift cards, and fleet management cards for businesses. If you’re looking for credit options tied to gasoline purchase, then one of these cards may be of interest. Here is a brief overview of the types of QT cards offered by QuikTrip:
1. QT Credit Card
- Get 25 cents off per gallon in the first 2 billing cycles up to 200 gallons
- 25.99% APR
- Minimum interest charge of $1.75
- No annual fee or monthly fee
- Apply for the QT credit card
2. QT Fleetmaster Cards
- Allow businesses to monitor fuel purchase across multiple vehicles
- Fleetmaster & Fleetmaster Express offer savings of $.01 to $.05 per gallon
- Fleetmaster Plus offers savings of $.01 to $.03 per gallon
- Free for Fleetmaster and Fleetmaster Express
- $40 set up fee and $2.00 per card per month charge for Fleetmaster Plus
- Apply for the QT Fleetmaster card
3. QT Gift Card
- Load any amount between $5.00 and $300.00
- Purchase or recharge at any QuikTrip store
- Online purchase option
- No fees
- No expiration date
- Get details for QT gift cards
4. QT Pumpstart Card
- Allows you to activate the pump to fuel first, then pay inside in cash
- Obtain a card by showing your driver’s license at the counter of a QuikTrip store
- May not be available in all locations
- Find more details about the QT Pumpstart card
QuikTrip is a convenient place to get a money order. You can buy up to $950 worth of money orders per day at QuikTrip, and they’ll cost $1.50 per $300. Besides money orders, QuikTrip has several other money-related services, like the QT Credit Card and QT Pumpstart card.
If QuikTrip isn’t on your route today, there are lots of other places to get a money order. The US Post Office, most grocery stores, and many banks and credit unions, all sell money orders too. See our article Where Can I Get a Money Order? for a list of convenient places to buy money orders.